AGM & SGM
23rd September 2021
Washingborough Hall Hotel, Washingborough, Lincoln LN4 1BE
To all Lincolnshire Community Pharmacy Contractors and community pharmacists working in Lincolnshire
Please accept this invitation to
The Annual General Meeting and Special General Meeting of Community Pharmacy Lincolnshire
To be held at Washingborough Hall Hotel, Church Hill, Washingborough, Lincoln, LN4 1BE
At 7:00pm on Thursday 23rd September 2021
A hot buffet meal will be served from 6.30pm
Please email us to book a place. Due to changes in booking requirements following the coronavirus pandemic, the venue require final booking numbers by mid-August. Therefore, booking will close on Wednesday 18th August 2021.
Please book as soon as possible.
- 6.30pm – Hot Buffet meal, with an opportunity to meet with LPC members
- 7.00pm – Annual Report and Finance statement for Lincolnshire LPC Committee 2020/21
Presented by Mr Paul Jenks, LPC Chair
Draft Accounts available here (accounts remain in draft until approved at AGM)
- 7.20pm Special General Meeting – Constitution Amendment Proposals
- 7.30pm Presentation: ‘Identifying Red Flags’ – General Practitioner Guest speaker – Dr Carl Deaney.
An opportunity for questions
- 8:30pm – Update and Questions for your LPC committee
- 9:15pm – Close
Special General Meeting item
As noted above, this will also be a special meeting of contractors to amend the LPC Constitution to allow the Committee to delay the elections for LPC membership by one year. Currently Members Term of Office expire on 31st March 2022.
However, proposals for change about the future model of local and national contractor representation and support are likely to be put to a contractor vote within the next year. For this reason, the Committee considers that the elections should be delayed until later in the year when the new model of support has been determined by the sector. To achieve this, we propose to amend the Constitution of the Lincolnshire LPC (Community Pharmacy Lincolnshire) as follows:
Existing Clause – 13. Term of Office
- Subject to paragraphs 14 and 16, members of the Committee shall hold office from 1 April in the year of the election or appointment for a period of 4 years.
New Clause – 13. Term of Office
- Subject to paragraphs 14 and 16, members of the Committee shall hold office from 1 April in the year of the election or appointment for a period of 4 years. [Except that the term of office starting on 1 April 2022 shall be postponed until 1 April 2023 and current LPC members shall hold office for a period of 5 years.]