(CPPE) Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education
Last year, CPPE let you know about their latest learning campaign, Seeing you better: Culturally competent person-centered care. They’ve expanded on this and have developed a new gateway page, where you can find lots of resources at your fingertips, including:
- A brand-new Health Inequalities e-learning programme : CPPE explores what is meant by the term “health inequality” and how it affects people using health services.
You might also find the following useful to support person-centred care:
- Remote Consultation Skills e-learning, to support NMS, CPCS and other opportunities to use remote consultations and improve your skills and understanding.
- Shared Decision-making Programme: this is now open to all NHS pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in a patent facing role in England. Follow the link to apply to this superb and completely free programme
CPPE also have two new online workshops, which are available to book for the coming months:
- NEW Health Inequalities- Focus on vaccine hesitancy optimise online workshopThis workshop will give you the chance to explore factors that contribute to vaccine hesitancy, establish why a person may be vaccine hesitant through effective consultation skills, construct appropriate responses to those who are vaccine hesitant to instil trust and build a rapport. This will link in with cultural competency and consultation skills. Click on the link above to book a place or to learn more.
- NEW Type 2 diabetes focal point online workshopNICE have released a new guidance NG28 Overview | Type 2 diabetes in adults: management | Guidance | NICE.
CPPE have worked with stakeholders and NICE to develop an online workshop for you to discuss the changes to the guidelines and how you can support people living with type 2 diabetes better. Click on the link above to book a place or to learn more
There is more information from the East Midlands CPPE team in their latest newsletter:
Declaration of Competence (DoC)
CPPE also host the Declaration of Competence frameworks for different services on behalf of the Pharmacy Competency Group, including vaccination services.You should ensure that you access and update your DoCs for any relevant services appropriately (for most of these this will be every two years).