CD Incident Reporting and Accountable Officer
CD Accountable Officer
The CD Accountable Officer for Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Rutland and Northamptonshire is Bhavisha Pattani
- 0113 824 8257
Reporting of all CD incidents and concerns
The CD Reporting website changed on Thursday 1 December 2022 and from this date there are several changes. Reporters will need to register the first time they use the new Controlled Drug Reporting website. Once they have gone through the registration process, they will have access to reports previously submitted. For more information see article in 1st December 2022 newsletter here.
All CD incidents, irregularities with the dispensing or prescribing of controlled drugs, concerns must be reported. This includes instances where pharmacists are concerned at levels of CD prescribing.
CD incidents must be reported via the online reporting tool at www.cdreporting.co.uk . Please remember to register via the web link if you have not done so already.
Tutorial videos are available at www.cdreporting.co.uk/ tutorials/
Destruction of expired Schedule 2 controlled drugs
Expired pharmacy CD stocks must be destroyed and witnessed by a person authorised by the CDAO (unless your pharmacy is part of a multiple chain, who can authorise their own witnesses). To arrange for an authorised witness for the destruction of expired Schedule 2 controlled drugs, please use the online CD reporting tool.
Reminders for CD destruction requests will not be sent through the post. It will be up to individual contractors to manage the safe storage of their out of date or damaged stock CDs and to request a destruction visit when appropriate.
Please note that you do not require an authorised witness to destroy patient-returned CDs, but receipt should be recorded in a seperate register (not the Controlled Drugs register) and destruction should be witnessed by another member of staff familiar with CDs (preferably a registered health professional).
If you have any queries, please contact the NHSE & NHSI Midlands (Central) CD Team:
- Tel. 0773 038 1109 /0773 038 1119
CD Accountable Officer Newsletters
This is an archive of past NHS England Central Midlands CDAO Newsletters and communications.
- MSN2021_010 midazolam 10mg_2ml solution for injection ampoules_
- FINAL – Midlands CD Newsletter December 2020 V3
- Recirculated Letter Regulation 28 CD Clear Dosing Instructions (151217)
- CD Pharmacy Newsletter Issue 14 December 2019
- Final – CD Newsletter June 2020
- Central Midlands_Reminder to report a CD incident Jun 2020
- CD Newsletter Summer 2021
- NatPSA_2021_007_PHE (Opioid Overdose Alert)
- MSN_2021_062U diamorphine 5mg and 10mg injections (10/01/2022)
- Midlands CD Newsletter Autumn-Winter 2022
- Spring 2023 Midlands CD Newsletter